Thursday, April 8, 2010

Diamond in the Rough.

Baseball. I love it. Just love it. I love the smells at games, I love the silly things that they do to get people excited. When I was 17, I went to a Yankee game at Yankee Stadium. One of the highlights of my life, most def. During the seventh inning stretch, they sent out the rakers to groom the in-field, and they did this phenomenal routine to YMCA, and topped it off with a delightful dance to 'Jump on it".

Anyhow, if you know anything about baseball, you know that at the top of the 8th, Bo Sox fans always join in a rousing rendition of Neil Diamond's, "Sweet Caroline". (Fever Pitch?) WELLLLLLL, apparently for the home opener against the Yankees last weekend, NEIL DIAMOND HIMSELF, for the first time ever sang the song in living colour. Can you imagine?


1 comment:

Heather Maxwell Hall said...

i'm a big fan too. my husband was born in boston so MAJOR red sox fan and i saw that game when ND came out. ah mazing!