Monday, January 26, 2009

13 Most Beautiful...



A friend of mine, Miss Gabby De Luca, is doing some freelance PR work for the Vancouver PuSh Festival. This is how I was alerted to a phenomenal show going on this Friday! I have been a long time fan of Luna and Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips, and lo and behold, they have been commissioned by the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh to compose music to accompany some of Warhol’s rarely seen 1960s silent-film screen tests.

They will be at the Vogue this Friday to accompany this screening LIVE! Last February, I had purchased two tix to see Dean and Britta as a Valentine's Day gift for Matty, but got sick and we couldn't go. So the fact that they are coming back again, especially to accompany Warhol's images-well, I just hope the baby doesn't come before Friday!

If you're interested, click here.

Oh yeah, for my friends in Winnipeg, they are also performing in Minneapolis (Walker Cinema Space)on February 28.

No comments: