Monday, August 31, 2009

Jane Eyre

Charlotte Bronte. image via janeausteninvermont


Oh Jane Eyre. You constantly try to pull me away from my motherly responsibilities. You keep me from going to bed at a decent hour, just so I can get one more page in. You constantly distract Oliver from nursing as I am always trying to hold him and the book and turn pages.

Oh Jane Eyre. I am nervous that things just aren't going to work out for you!

Did I mention this is the first time I am reading this book? I can't believe it has taken me this long. It is INCREDIBLE and ABSORBING and ENCHANTING and FRUSTRATING. I can't remember reading a book where I actually got so excited when I read a conversation, that I immediately went back and read it again, but s.l.o.w.e.r. My enjoyment is enhanced ten fold by the fact that the copy I am reading is a small leather bound, originally a gift to Matthew's Mom in 1931. Shriek! I love it!

Can't wait to finish and see what that rascal Mr. Rochester has in store for our Jane.

No comments: